Terms and Conditions of Use
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) is using the NIDCR 2030 platform to solicit ideas about what it will take to reach our visionary goals.
Acceptable Use Policy
While we welcome a broad range of ideas, ideas submitted that are clearly unrelated to the purpose of the NIDCR 2030 platform will be removed by moderators. Also, ideas that include the following will be removed:
- Phone numbers, email addresses, information related to health and medical conditions, or other sensitive/personally identifiable information
- Material that would infringe copyrights or other intellectual property
- Vulgar, profane, or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; inappropriate religious, sexual, political, or racial references
- Threats or incitements to violence
- Information posted in violation of the law, including defamatory material, material condoning or encouraging illegal activity, material revealing classified information, or comments that might affect the outcome of ongoing legal proceedings
- Endorsement of commercial products, services, or entities
- Spam and other direct marketing communications, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any links to such materials
- Endorsement of political parties, candidates, or groups
- Solicitations of funds
- Executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, Easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming files
- Duplicate posts
You grant to NIDCR and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, and royalty-free license to use any ideas, expression of ideas including works describing them, or other materials you submit to NIDCR (collectively, "Idea") for research and noncommercial purposes only, including advancing the goals of NIDCR 2030.
You understand that NIDCR may be working on the same or a similar Idea, that it may already know of such Idea from other sources, that it may simply wish to develop this (or a similar Idea) on its own, or that it may have taken/will take some other action with respect to the Idea. In return for NIDCR’s review and consideration of your Idea, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms enumerated below, and further agree that these terms shall apply to any additional material previously or later submitted, until such time as the NIDCR otherwise agrees in writing:
- To the best of your knowledge, the Idea represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the Idea to NIDCR, and NIDCR review and/or use of the Idea will not infringe another’s rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your Idea to NIDCR does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate NIDCR to treat the Idea (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that NIDCR has no obligation, either expressed or implied, to develop or use your idea and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea, related Ideas, or Ideas derived from your Idea. You understand that NIDCR assumes no obligation with respect to any Idea unless and until NIDCR enters into a written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that contract. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your Idea. In the case that NIDCR might want to use your Idea commercially, it may seek a negotiated commercial license from you.
Access to NIDCR 2030